Lakeland University Japan Campus
- Private institution
- 5-7-12 Shinjuku, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0022
- Total number of students
- 328 (42 different countries represented) as of 2016
- Admission fee: 238,000 yen
- Tuition (One semester, 12 credits): 504,000 yen, Remaining Semester Fee: 504,000 yen
- Facility Fee (One semester): 76,100 yen, Remaining Semester Fee: 76,100 yen
- Student Activity Board Fee (Annual Fee): 15,000 yen
- Event Fees (Annual Fee): 15,000 yen
- Tax (8%): 67,848 yen, Remaining Semester Fee: 46,408 yen
- Total: 915,948 yen, Remaining Semester Fee: 626,508 yen
- International students enrolling with a full-time student visa will be awarded a one-time 100,000 yen scholarship.
- *Non-applicable to GI Bill Holders.
Lakeland University Japan Campus — offering an international and American liberal arts education to Japan and the World.
The Japan Campus of Lakeland University (LUJ), a liberal arts university, offers an accredited Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree in Tokyo with easily transferable credits earned through high-quality academic courses in English in small classes with highly qualified professors. The faculty and staff give personalized attention to each student.
LUJ is accredited by the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and is the only private American undergraduate university in Japan recognized by the Japanese ministry of education. With a current international student population of more than 35% with students from over 42 countries, LUJ provides a challenging yet personalized first and second year of the liberal arts program for students throughout Japan and the rest of the world.
After completing the A.A. program, LUJ graduates are then able to transfer to the Lakeland University main campus in Wisconsin, U.S.A., with academic scholarships or choose from literally hundreds of colleges and universities throughout the United States, Japan , Canada or a country of your choice to transfer and complete the third and fourth years of their studies.
Building Better Bridges
Alexander Dudek (Liberal Arts)
Lakeland University Japan Campus and Home Campus have given me a chance of redemption in education and academia. Although I never was academically involved during my high school years, I realized how much a college education was important not just in society, but also in pursuing one's goals. LUJ has provided me with the right educational atmosphere and it also gave me confidence, as the first two years have given me time to consider various majors and study opportunities.
The cultural diversity of campus life is very intriguing because there are many students here from all around the globe, learning and working together as a unit. In my opinion, a multicultural campus is essential because the world is becoming more international and people need to look beyond the borders of their home countries to try to work together towards obtaining global harmony.
LUJ is the ultimate educational experience! The teachers and faculty constantly encourage students to strive for perfection and genuinely support us in every way possible. All of the students I have interacted with are extremely friendly and open-minded about internationalism. Every class has a limited number of students, ranging from eight to fifteen students per class, making the professor/student barrier almost invisible. This gives the professors more time to pay attention to each student's educational needs.
All in all, my decision to enroll at LUJ was the best academic choice and I recommend LUJ to anyone who has aspirations to study abroad or who just wants to pursue their education in a welcoming and challenging environment.
Departments and Faculties
- Faculty of General Studies
- Lakeland University Japan provides the General Studies field for students during the first two years. After completing this Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree, students then choose their majors freely and complete their focused concentration throughout the third and fourth years. As a liberal arts education emphasizes study and knowledge within six different fields (literature, language, philosophy, history, mathematics and science), students develop themselves as academics in each area before deciding their majors. With nearly 900 majors being offered in the U.S., LUJ students choose their majors with great confidence after having completed this A.A. Degree throughout LUJ's General Studies program.
Web site: http://luj.lakeland.edu/