- Private institution
- 56-1 Toji-in Kitamachi, Kita-ku, 603-8577 Kyoto, Japan
- Total number of students
- 35,543 (1,622 from overseas) as of 2016
- Admission fee: ¥300,000 at the year of 2017
- Tuition fee: ¥989,800 - ¥1,384,600 at the year of 2017
- Other: ¥23,000 - 31,000 at the year of 2017
Facilities and support programs for international students
- Scholarships for International Students
- Ritsumeikan University provides a range of financial support for international students. For further information, refer to the website below.
- Housing for International Students
- Accommodation is available for students in our English-medium undergraduate programs. The accommodation is in a furnished apartment or an off-campus student dormitory. Priority is given to students who have little or no previous experience of living in Japan. Please access the page below to find information on "Accommodation." http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/e-ug/student_life/
- International Center
- Ritsumeikan University provides a wide variety of services to help international students transition smoothly into their life in Japan and get the most out of their university experience. Think of the center as your first stop when you have any questions as they will be able to assist you directly or connect you with someone who can. http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/lifecareer/student-support/
- Career Planning Support
- The Career Center of each campus offers many kinds of career planing events such as individual career counseling in Japanese and English. International students are welcome to attend the events and services. http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/lifecareer/career/
- Extracurricular Activities
- There are hundreds of clubs and circles that you can join ranging from sports, volunteering, music, dance, traditional Japanese culture and many more. http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/lifecareer/club-activities/
Creating a Future Beyond Borders
Ritsumeikan is integrated academy with a rich culture of individuality and international awareness accommodating a total of 49,000 students. The current Ritsumeikan Academy encompasses two universities, four high schools, four junior high schools, and one primary school. Ritsumeikan fosters the learning and development of individual talents in order to nurture just and ethical global citizens. Ritsumeikan University (RU) is the largest part of the Ritsumeikan Academy. Since its founding in 1900, the university has grown into a comprehensive university with 14 colleges and 20 graduate schools across four campuses in Kyoto, Osaka and Shiga. Faculties cover a wide range of academic areas from social science, arts, humanities, natural sciences and engineering.
Ritsumeikan Univeristy was selected in 2014 as one of 37 universities for the highly competitive "Top Global Universities Project" by Japan's Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). Acknowledged as one of the leading global universities in Japan, RU is committed to further promote its further profile and offer a world-class education to students worldwide.
Departments and Faculties
- College of Policy Science
- The College of Policy Science was founded in 1994 in response to a growing need for an interdisciplinary approach to solving the increasingly complex issues in society. Policy Science is an academic field which seeks to clarify the causes of these social problems and explore solutions in ways that satisfy the maximum number of members or stakeholders in the society.
- Community and Regional Policy Studies Major
Web site: http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/ps/
- College of International Relations
- The College of International Relations aims to help students to develop the skills and knowledge essential in our rapidly changing globalized world: Creativity, the ability to think and act on a global scale, language and communication skills, an understanding of different cultures. Students will learn to analyze global affairs from a variety of perspectives as part of a very international student body and under the guidance of a diverse academic staff.
- Global Studies Major
Web site: http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/ir/gs/
- College of Information Science and Engineering
- The College of Information Science and Engineering was established in 2004 as one of the largest ICT colleges in Japan. The college has a diverse faculty body with 10% non-Japanese members. In April 2017, a brand-new, English-medium undergraduate course "Information Systems Science and Engineering Course" will be launched to provide international students with excellent opportunities for developing practical and creative solutions in the ICT field.
- Information Systems Science and Engineering Course
Web site: http://en.ritsumei.ac.jp/ise/pr/