|Name of university||Rikkyo University|
|Faculty||College of Business|
|Department(s)||Department of Business, Department of Global Business|
|Address||3-34-1 Nishi-Ikebukuro,Toshima-ku, Tokyo 171-8501, Japan|
|Contact ||COB Office|
|Foreign students' special admission exam||Available|
|Admission capacity||A few for the year of 2010|
|Qualifications for applicants||Those who fully satisfy the following conditions:|
1) Those who do not have Japanese nationality.
2) Those who have completed (or will have completed by March 2010) at least 12 years of school education, or those who skipped a grade or grades on merit, regardless whether at home or abroad.
3) Those who have completed (or will have completed by March 2010) at least a total of five years of formal education abroad, out of 7 to 12 years of foreign school education. They include those who have completed the formal curricula in less than five years.
4) Those who have taken the Nihon Ryugaku Shiken (Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students, or EJU) held by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO) and related organizations abroad.
(Note) If you are unable to take the Nihon Ryugaku Shiken in your area, you can, instead, take University Entrance Qualification Test or the uniform test, and sit for the Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, Level 1 that the Japan Foundation will hold in December 2009.
Nihon Ryugaku Shiken (2 and 3 are common to all)
(1) Subjects are Japanese language, general subject, mathematics (course 1)
(2) You can choose Japanese or English when taking exams.
(3) You may submit results from the latest four exams (June 2008, November 2008, June 2009, November 2009). If you have taken two or more exams, choose only one of them and note it with your examination number.
|Application fee||35,000 yen for 2009|
|Distribution of application form||Early July|
|Way(s) to obtain application form||E-mail|
|Admission fee||320,000 yen for 2009|
|Tuition fee/year||745,000 yen for 2009|
|Notes||Other fee: 222,500 yen |
Total cost at the time of admission: 1,287,500 yen
Note: International students may receive a 35% deduction of the tuition, which is equivalent to 260,000 yen.
|Number of applicants in former year||COB: 114 (24 accepted), University: 543 (133 accepted) |
|Total number of students||COB: 1,360, University: 20,055 (in 2009)|
|Total number of privately financed overseas students||364 (in 2009)|
|Date of entry||April 2010|
|Application process||Document-based screening for international students|
|Starting date of application period||Nov. 27, 2009|
|Deadline for application||Dec. 3, 2009|
|Date of examination||N/A|
|Notification of examination result ||Jan. 23, 2010|
|Deadline of enrollment procedures ||Feb. 12, 2010|
|Direct application from outside Japan||Available|
|Does the student have to visit Japan to take the test?||No|
|Examination subjects/judging system|| |
| Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students||Necessary|
| Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students —specific subject(s)||Japanese as a Foreign Language, Mathematics（Course 1), Japan and the World |
| Language(s) available for Japanese University Admission exam for International Students||Japanese or English|
| Samples of previous tests||Exams after June 2008|
|English language proficiency test ||Not necessary|
|Japanese Language Proficiency Test ||Not necessary|