Home > Sports > Soccer
  print button email button

Monday, Oct. 24, 2011

Balotelli unharmed after house fire

AP

Manchester, England — Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has escaped unhurt after part of his home caught fire when a firework went off.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service says two fire engines were sent to the home of the 21-year-old Italy international in Macclesfield, south of Manchester, just after midnight on Saturday.

Four firefighters found a fire in the bathroom on the first floor of the detached property and used two hose reel water jets to douse the flames.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service says the blaze was caused by a firework. Its crews put the fire out within half an hour of arriving.



Back to Top

About us |  Work for us |  Contact us |  Privacy policy |  Link policy |  Registration FAQ
Advertise in japantimes.co.jp.
This site has been optimized for modern browsers. Please make sure that Javascript is enabled in your browser's preferences.
The Japan Times Ltd. All rights reserved.